Me first and me too~

 Getting better with eye and cervical dystonia starts today.  I have created this disorder and I will correct it.  Today marks day one of improving my symptoms, because, why should I wait around for someone to help me with it, I can help myself.

1.  exercises that will strengthen the neck and eye muscles.

2.  deep breathing exercises.

3.  becoming mindful of everyday situations and people.

4.  walk, walk, walk and breathe while I walk.

5.  don't sweat the small stuff.

6.  do what I enjoy doing and do it often.

I feel like this disorder has taken over my life, thoughts and happiness for way too many years.  When mom and dad were put into assisted living and then into memory care, I never realized how stressed out I was until just recently. I felt I needed to be strong, not sure why, but that's a wrong way to deal with it. 

I am pretty sure if I look back at the timeline of this disorder, I will find there was a lot going on in my life and I was totally unable to deal with it except on a deeper internal level. 

I have had many things come up in my life that I have never worked through.  When covid hit, I quit doing the yoga and exercise.  I need that back, even if it is in the comfort of my home.  I will work on not letting the stress of other people affect me.  That is a hard one, but so important.

It is time to take back my health and today starts the shift.

You've got this Susan, you can do it and you can succeed.  Continue to use the resources that are put in front of you and enjoy the ride.


  

Comments

Popular Posts