Yesterday I got my Christmas cards out.  It felt good to put them in the post office mail box and know they will be on their way to my family and friends.  I take pride in sending cards and it makes me happy and brings me Joy to send them.  I have a feeling that there will not be too many cards sent this year.  Covid has made things different.  People have lost jobs, people are dealing with depression and anxiety, people are just trying to survive and make it through the season.  Oh covid, it is time for you to go so we can get back to normal, whatever that may be.

I went to the ARC thrift store yesterday, twice, and got some cookbooks for Christmas gifts and a couple for Hannah for her pregnancy.  Tuesday is senior day and now that I know that, I will frequent the store more often.  It is amazing how much stuff people give away, including me.  Shopping in a place like this makes me very mindful of clutter.  We all have so much stuff.

Today I am thankful for my parents and the love they have shown me through the years.  I cherish the memories of every single holiday, event and just plain living.  They taught me so much about caring.  Everyone loved them so much.  I sure do hate that they both have Alzheimer's.  What an awful disease.  It had robbed them of their retirement time.

Today is December 2nd and I am on day 3 of my eating better and cutting out sugar.  I will keep up the good work and make it to Christmas day.

Joy, believe and faith...my words for today.

Comments

Popular Posts